Friday, March 28, 2008

Nude Live Plant Show 2008


Gardens and flowers have a way of bringing people together, drawing them from their homes.
~~Clare Ansberry, The Women of Troy Hill

Attended the Boston Flower Show (2008) this month and as always enjoyed my self a great deal. One of the best parts for me is that the houseplant displays. I always see plants that my friends & family have had; plus there are just so many cool plants out there. The show always has a lot of plant vendor that have exotics. Last year I bought a bunch exotics such as Rabbit-foot Fern (Davallia fejeensis), a Rat Tail Cactus (Disocactus flagelliformis), Pregnant Onion (Ornithogalum longibracteatum), Mother-of millions (Bryophyllum spp.), & Orchid Cactus (Epiphyllum). This year I got an Elkhorn Fern (Platycerium bifurcatum), Bird's Nest Fern (Asplenium nidus), and Asparagus Fern ( P. densiflorus cv. Myersii ).

These are all really cool plants that I have always wanted. My pregnant onion is blooming this spring just like the one in the picture. All I have left to get on my want list is some begonias, and a Climbing Onion (Bowiea volubilis).
At these shows there are always so many vendors that seem out of place to me, e.g. cars, motorcycles, & hottubs. Yes, hottubs can be in the garden, but who goes to a garden show to buy a hottub? Perhaps I am limited in my world view.
It seems that the age of the "Dip Mix" vendor s over with though. For that last few years there has been one vendor that sells dips herb mixes and at $4 a bag it seemed quite profitable. Well this year there were 3 vendor doing the smae thing and 2 other venders had this as their side line. Oh, well to bad for them, I do love the sample dips. Yum!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: