Friday, March 28, 2008

Saint Green

On Saint Patrick's Day, I planted my spring garden seedlings . Well it has been a week-and-a-half and most of the seedlings are up. I got some heating pads under the trays and it really seems to help. But my lighting is insufficient, so I moved everything the the living-room plant table, the light it better ans although some of the seedlings a little bit leggy, and they are thickening up.

I planted two of every heirloom tomato collected last year. And a bunch of spring veggies, and some summer veggies. I figure I will plant some summer squash and okra early, and if it makes it I will have an early crop. But anyway I will have Swiss chard, chervil (herb), and early tomatoes.


I have the lights on a timer and it comes up 2 hours before the sun hits the window and 2 hours after dark. Just want to give some extra light.

Have a 96watt compact fluorescent lighting system but the bulb is bad and is on order. Got to work with what you have on hand.


---
May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
~~Irish Blessing
Posted by Picasa

No comments: